For those who would still ignore it, the Megavalanche Alpe d’Huez is one of the most famous and not-to-be missed DH marathon race.
Since 1995, each year, thousands of riders take the departure from the famous “Pic Blanc” ; in every weather condition ! Its Mass Start at 3330 meters high on the glacier and its finish line in Allemont, 2600 meters down, makes this DH Marathon race the longest and craziest race in the world !
In addition to this race will be held the MEGA KID, especially for children, and the MEGA FAMILY Challenge. Electric Bike riders will also be pleased with a specific qualifying with a climbing and the race on the Glacier!
So? Are you ready to compete the famous MEGAVALANCHE?
The European Mass Start® Series is the ranking of the best Downhill Marathon riders, awarding the 100 fastest pilots of the Megavalanche and of each Maxiavalanche stages.
In order to gather these events altogether, and to offer a great Championship to Mass-Start® lovers, UCC SPORT EVENT is launching the European MASS START® Series, with 5 great stages in :
- VALLNORD, 16 june (Maxiavalanche)
- ALPE D’HUEZ, 14 july (Megavalanche)
- CERVINIA, 28 july (Maxiavalanche)
- MERIBEL 25 august (Maxiavalanche)
- AX 3 DOMAINES 15 september (Maxiavalanche)
- The Megavalanche frame plate and number
- Disposable timing chip
- Live timing, results and diploma
- The liftpass
- Assistance area
- Liquid and food station on friday
- Aperitif drink thursday and friday
- Lunch saturday or sunday at the finish
- Finisher photo booth
with 9/8 days liftpass
with 7/6 days liftpass
with 5/4days liftpass
- MEGA KID 49,50€*
with 7days liftpass
*Early birds rates, increase from 10th of january
Saturday, july the 6th
Beginning of the MEGAVALANCHE liftpass
Tuesday, July the 9th
8:00 – 7pm : ENDURO OZ Frame plate withdrawal and lift pass collect – Alpe d’Huez Palais des Sports
Wednesday, July the 10th : Enduro Oz en Oisans
MEGAVALANCHE free training on all tracks
8.30am – 6pm : Expo&Tec Village. MEGAVALANCHE Frame plate withdrawal and lift pass collect – Alpe d’Huez Palais des Sports
9h30: Start Enduro d’Oz – Oz station
12h00: BBQ Enduro d’Oz (for registered riders only)
13h00: award ceremony Enduro d’Oz
Thursday, July the 11th
MEGAVALANCHE free training on all tracks
8am – 7pm : Frame plate withdrawal and lift pass collect – Alpe d’Huez Palais des Sports et des Congrès
9am – 6pm : Expo&Tec Village – Alpe d’Huez
3:00 – 5:30pm : Chainless Race – DMC 2100 – Expo Village, free racing with Mega Frameplate
5.00 am : Aperitif on Expo Village
6.00 am : Press conference – Alpe d’Huez Palais des Sports
Friday, July the 12th
Qualifying Megavalanche & Mega KID
9am – 6pm : Expo&Tec Village
08.00am E-Bike Serie by LoisiBike, round 1
Start from Huez (1500m) Finish at Dôme des Rousses (2810m)
10.00am Vague 1 n° 1 à 150
10.15am Vague 2 n° 201 à 350
10.30am Vague 3 n° 401 à 550
10.45am Vague 4 n° 601 à 750
11.00am Vague 5 n° 801 à 950
11.15am Vague 6 n° 1001 à 1150
11.30am Vague 7 n° 1201 à 1350
11.45am Vague 8 n° 1401 à 1550
12.00pm Vague 9 n° 1601 à 1750
12.15pm Vague 10 n° 1801 à 1950
12.30pm Vague 11 Lady n° 2001 à 2065
13.15pm Vague 12 Kids n° 2101 à 2160
From 12pm : Energetic Buffet – Palais des Sports – Alpe d’Huez ; on arrival at Alpe d’Huez.
6.00pm : Welcome drink offered by Alpe d’Huez – Palais des Sports Alpe d’Huez.
7 – 7.30pm : Results of the qualification and MEGAKID – Palais des Sports Alpe d’Huez.
Sticker withdrawal for all participant including MEGA Affinity, except row A. Bring your ID or licence.
Saturday, July the 13th
EBIKE, Mega Ladies, Challenger & Affinity 1
09:00am : Start E-Bike serie
09:15am : Start MEGA LADIES
09:30am : Start MEGA CHALLENGER (from the 39th till the 77th) or 342 riders.
From 09:45am : Affinity 1 – Start upon arrivals.
10:30am : Glacier closing
10:30am /14:30am : Finish in Allemont and free Buffet.
Award Ceremony – Palais des Sports – Alpe d’Huez
Sunday, July the 14th
MEGAVALANCHE, Mega Amateurs & Mega Affinity 2
Start from Pic Blanc (3.300m) – Arrival (Allemont 850m)
Lift pass compulsory – From 6am Boarding at the DMC by letter order
09:00am : Start MEGAVALANCHE from 1st to 35th of each qualification wave.
09:30am : Start MEGA AMATEURS from 71th to 94th of each qualification wave.
09:45am : Start MEGA Affinity 2- Start upon arrivals.
10:30am : Glacier closing
10:30am/ 2:30pm : Arrival in Allemont and free Buffet – Award Ceremony
MEGA MAP : lift, tracks, meeting points…
Wednesday the 10th
A great enduro on the Oz en Oisand tracks to warm up before the D-Day and have fun on the bike!
Only 200 entries available
– Frame plate
– 3 timed stages
– BBQ & concert at the finish
12th & 13th July
Prologue friday 6th : climb of the qualifying track from Alpe d’Huez
Race saturday 7th: Mass-Start from the glacier on the classic MEGA track
Same rates and conditions as the classic Mega
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where to wash the bike ?
- At the DMC Gondola start – Roundabout des Pistes in Alpe d’Huez
- Where to collect your lift Pass ?
- 9, 8, 7 or 6 days Pass : At the lift cashier (Alpe d’Huez)
- Wednesday or Thursay/Sunday : At the Race Office Sport Center Alpe d’Huez. Bring back your lift pass at the end of the week to the lift cashier (Alpe d’Huez or Oz) to get your 2 € deposit refund.
- Where to collect your race number ?
- At the Race Office situated : Sport Center Alpe d’Huez
- Wednesday : 8.30am – 6pm and Thursday : 8am – 7pm
- Caution ! No race number can be collected Friday morning
- Where to take a shower ?
- From Monday : At Sport Center Alpe d’Huez
- Where to get rescue service from Wednesday to Saturday ?
- At the DMC Gondola start, roundabout des Pistes in Alpe d’Huez
- Where can your friends come and see you on Friday ?
- In the resort (tourism office)
- On Saturday & Sunday ?
- Under the DMC 2100m: 9.15am
- When they crossed the “Village de Sardone”: 9.20am
- At the arrival in Allemont, from: 9.50am
- Where to collect your clothes left on departure area ?
- Stand Shop Avalanche
- For Friday races: Palais des Congrès 7pm
- For the Mega Saturday & Sunday: Arrival in Allemont
- Do not leave any value item. The organization is not responsible in case of any problems and theft
- Where to watch for the results ?
- Where to buy your pictures ?
- From Wednesday: Expo & Tech Area
- Friday: Palais des Congrès : 7pm
- Saturday: Av. Des Jeux : 7pm
- Sunday: Arrival in Allemont
MEGA ALPE D HUEZ 2017 mega race RESULTS MEGA ALPE D HUEZ 2017 CHALLENGER race RESULTS MEGA ALPE D HUEZ 2017 AMATEURS race RESULTS MEGA ALPE D HUEZ 2017 AFFINITY race RESULTS MEGA ALPE D HUEZ 2017 MEGA LADIES race RESULTS MEGA ALPE D HUEZ 2017 EBIKE race RESULTS MEGA ALPE D HUEZ 2017 KID race RESULTS
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 1
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 2
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 3
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 4
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 5
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 6
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 7
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 8
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN 9
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN10
- result MEGA15 QUALIF RUN DAMES